The ACRE Project (A Community Rethinking its Environment) is a non-commercial eco-friendly community-based project. The project occupies a site adjacent to Salesian College, on the Maynooth Road in Celbridge, Co. Kildare. The project is a recognised charity (CHY19854).
It provides internal and external space for educational, youth, and integral community training programmes in which local communities in the north Kildare and west Dublin catchment areas can gather and use.
It focuses on the following core elements:
• a creative space for the community to gather and engage;
• an interactive setting where people can learn about ecology and environmental living;
• a structured setting where young people can meet and grow, and
• non-formal education through the medium of horticulture and the creative arts.
Current and future target groups include:
• back-to-work initiatives;
• community and parent groups;
• community-based youth projects focusing on youth on the margins;
• the formal education sector;
• those seeking an outlet for artistic creativity, and
• those wishing to share their skills and knowledge to improve the community .
The project is entering Phase 2 now where it will build a second resource building, 4 polytunnels, a sensory garden and a wind turbine.
For further information or for bookings please use:
LoCall 1890 253370 or email@example.com
Click here to read their latest updates on Facebook